Post Thanks / Like

Starting Strength

Started this in February? Still going except instead of 5x5 im doing 3x3 since it got too intense.

I noticed my legs got bigger and pants and shorts dont fit me anymore. Great progress so far Will update when I get some more results.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Starting Strength

Yes.

Starting Strength is the way to go. Why are you doing 5x5 and 3x3?

Just stick the program- 3 sets of 5 reps for all exercises except for the dead lift which is 1 set of 5 reps and the power clean which is 5 sets of 3 reps.

Stick to the program as written, you'll get really fucking strong.

When my squats got heavy (I am right now at 375 lbs for my sets of 5 ) I just started taking slightly longer rests between my sets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetAGrip View Post
    Yes.

Just stick the program- 3 sets of 5 reps for all exercises except for the dead lift which is 1 set of 5 reps and the power clean which is 5 sets of 3 reps.

When my squats got heavy (I am right now at 375 lbs for my sets of 5 ) I just started taking slightly longer rests between my sets.
    Excellent Advice.
    Matters of Size
    SRT

Suppressed-Restricted-Transposition

The World's Best Penis Enlargement Routine
    based on 16 Years of Research
    !

Four Easy Steps to Starting SRT
    and Making the Fastest Penis Size Gains Possible

1. Get The Matters of Size Maximum Gains Package
    Learn All Penis Enlargement Exercise through Video!

2. Get The All New Length Master Penis Stretcher and Hanger
    The Most Advanced Penis Stretcher and Hanger in the World!

3. Get The SizeGenetics Penis Extender Complete Package
    (61% Off!)
    Learn how Important the SizeGenetics Extender is to growth and healing!
    Take advantage of ALL DAY PENIS STRETCHING

4. Get a Bathmate HydroMax X20, X30, X40 or X50 Penis Pump! with FREE SHIPPING IN THE US!
    Realize Instant Usable Penis Size! Perfect for Penis Girth and Length Expansion!
    Hydro Penis Pumps have become a Massive Tool in Penis Size Gaining and Healing!

5. Get the Phallosan The All Day and All Night Stretcher Now $100 in extras!

6. Follow the SRT Routine: Maximizing Gains and Healing Fastest!
    Watch your Penis gain inches in girth and length in the FASTEST time Possible!
    Over 15 Years of Research, utilizing the most effective Penis Enlargement techniques!
    ONLY AT MOS - ALL PRODUCTS HAVE A 5 YEAR WARRANTY!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyomoto View Post
    Started this in February? Still going except instead of 5x5 im doing 3x3 since it got too intense.

I noticed my legs got bigger and pants and shorts dont fit me anymore. Great progress so far Will update when I get some more results.
    stick with 5x5 man, it does get hard especially with deadlifts but i made the most of my noob gains doing 5x5 when i started powerlifting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetAGrip View Post
    Yes.

I plateaud my squat at around 185lbs doing 5x5 so I started doing 3x3 and now im at 215, I might move onto madcow soon
    I'm 5'9/5'10 and 170lbs
    I noticed my legs got way bigger and my pants dont fit anymore, I was a waist 34 now i have to up to 36!

I haven't been consistent recently becuase of school but I'm going to do all that I can to get stronger,

My goals:
    squat 400 lbs eventually
    deadlift i dont really know what to aim for
    bench i dont really care
    overheadpress i want to do (2) 45lb plates on each side so 225

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am about to start weight training too, I am pretty much at my goal weight so I want to start to build more muscle. I was always very muscular so I think it will come back quick. I can't go to a gym, due to my agoraphobia, so I will set it up at my house. Pictures soon. I kept a running photo record of my weight loss.
    Matters of Size
    SRT

!

(61% Off!)

4. Get a Bathmate HydroMax X20, X30, X40 or X50 Penis Pump! with FREE SHIPPING IN THE US!
    Realize Instant Usable Penis Size! Perfect for Penis Girth and Length Expansion!

Over 15 Years of Research, utilizing the most effective Penis Enlargement techniques!

Post Thanks / Like

I plateaud my squat at around 185lbs doing 5x5 so I started doing 3x3 and now im at 215, I might move onto madcow soon
    I'm 5'9/5'10 and 170lbs
    I noticed my legs got way bigger and my pants dont fit anymore, I was a waist 34 now i have to up to 36!

I haven't been consistent recently becuase of school but I'm going to do all that I can to get stronger,

My goals:
    squat 400 lbs eventually
    deadlift i dont really know what to aim for
    bench i dont really care
    overheadpress i want to do (2) 45lb plates on each side so 225

Good luck.

Starting Strength, the book, was my introduction to strength training/powerlifting and I still use all the cues on form for all my lifts except for the deadlift, I exclusively deadlift with a sumo stance on my Max Effort Deadlift days (I don't do any of the Rippetoe programs anymore, but the basics still apply).

If you feel like you're making progress then by all means you should continue but I think you should stick to the program as written because SS is a novice-intermediate routine meant for you to acquire both muscle gains and strength linerally.

Doing 3 sets of 5 reps is the perfect compromise that will allow you to find a balance in training for both muscle mass AND strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doublelongdaddy View Post
    I am about to start weight training too, I am pretty much at my goal weight so I want to start to build more muscle. I was always very muscular so I think it will come back quick. I can't go to a gym, due to my agoraphobia, so I will set it up at my house. Pictures soon. I kept a running photo record of my weight loss.
    Super Slow Weight Training in combination with HIIT is the best way to go !

Date: 01.2012 05.2012 06.2012 08.2013 08.2015 12.2015 01.2016 02.2016 03.2016 09.2016 01.2017
    BPEL: 5.3in* 5.7in* 6.2in* 6.7in 6.7in 6.9in 6.9in 6.9in 7.1in 7.3in 7.5in
    NBPEL: 3.9in 4.3in 4.8in 5.3in 5.7in 5.9in 5.9in 5.9in - - -
    EG: 4.3in 4.7in 5.2in 5.2in 5.1in 5.3in 5.3in 5.3in 5.3in 5.3in 5.4in
    BPFSL: - - - - - - - - - >7.3in<=7.5in 7.5in
    *Estimated based upon the BPEL-NBPEL difference aka fat pad from 08.2013
    Click here to see my progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Munto View Post
    Super Slow Weight Training in combination with HIIT is the best way to go !

Yeah, AIM started me on HIIT but I just was not in shape at the time mentally or physically to do it. I am so happy you reminded me of this and I will start this right away.
    Matters of Size
    SRT

!

(61% Off!)

Likes Munto liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's been decided im moving to Madcow tomorrow morning because I've been stalling too much on 5x5 SS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's been decided im moving to Madcow tomorrow morning because I've been stalling too much on 5x5 SS.
    Madcow? What is this?
    Matters of Size
    SRT

!

(61% Off!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by doublelongdaddy View Post
    Madcow? What is this?

Madcow 5x5: How to Gain Brute Strength And Hard Muscle

Post Thanks / Like

Updated my routine as of 5 weeks ago or 6. I'm doing PHUL now im on my end of the 6th week but I'm trying to cut down. Reason I chose this routine was so that I can see my strength being maintained if not build up a bit and get a bit more physique gains. I've added cardio 3 times a week. Monday I jogged and sprinted for my cardio. Tomorrow ima do HIIT in my house and on saturday too. I've seen my legs got less fat in them so im assuming that was first to go in my body fat. Legs look more define but still want to get rid of my belly fat and fat pad. I haven't done any ab exercise until this week.

My new favorite ab exercise progression is progressing into dragon flags. It feels killer.

Post Thanks / Like

You're going to stop linear progression on a 5x5 program eventually and max-out physically. I do the 5x5 system for strength, when I max-out, usually my form is compromised. So, I'll drop 10-15 lbs sometimes 20-25 lbs on the exercise and work on my form more than anything else. I still do 5-sets and increase the reps to 8 instead of doing the recommended 5 and will eventually pass the previous maxed-out limit within 2-5 weeks.

The heavier the weight gets, the longer it takes for the linear progression to continue. When this happens, most guys will change programs or drop their sets and reps down to 3, instead of dropping the weight and increase the reps. I'm about to close-out my 50's and start a new decade, because of my age I watch my heart-rate between sets instead of the time between sets like you younger guys can do. I do strength training mainly to increase muscle and avoid muscle atrophy along with to maintain/increase bone strength.

Have you ever notice athletes, young and old, who do High-Intensity strength training die from some type of heart failure. If you're a seriously into weight training you should consider having an echo-cardiogram done on a regular basis. Kimbo Slice who was 42 passed away fairly recently (June 6, 1016) from heart failure and was waiting for of all things, a 'heart-transplant' before he passed-on. All the strength in the world doesn't mean shit if your strongest muscle in your body fails you.
    "Penis Enlargement (PE) is a Personal Endeavor for Personal Enhancement to Progressive Excellence which takes Commitment, Consciousness, Comprehension, Competency, and Consistency to Succeed."
    Does this PE stuff really work ...only if you thoroughly apply yourself.
    Life is for the Living... Work the Dream and Obsess for Success.
    Threak-X Journal - The PE Progression

Penis enlargement (PE) involves significant risk. You and only you are responsible for assuming that risk. Matters of Size and/or doublelongdaddy (DLD) accept no responsibility, make no warranties (expressed or implied), and will not be held liable for the safety or the effectiveness of exercises or products contained in the http://www.mattersofsize.com website. Registering as a member and/or use of any of these exercises or products constitutes acceptance of these terms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Threak-X View Post
    You're going to stop linear progression on a 5x5 program eventually and max-out physically. I do the 5x5 system for strength, when I max-out, usually my form is compromised. So, I'll drop 10-15 lbs sometimes 20-25 lbs on the exercise and work on my form more than anything else. I still do 5-sets and increase the reps to 8 instead of doing the recommended 5 and will eventually pass the previous maxed-out limit within 2-5 weeks.

The heavier the weight gets, the longer it takes for the linear progression to continue. When this happens, most guys will change programs or drop their sets and reps down to 3, instead of dropping the weight and increase the reps. I'm about to close-out my 50's and start a new decade, because of my age I watch my heart-rate between sets instead of the time between sets like you younger guys can do. I do strength training mainly to increase muscle and avoid muscle atrophy along with to maintain/increase bone strength.

Have you ever notice athletes, young and old, who do High-Intensity strength training die from some type of heart failure. If you're a seriously into weight training you should consider having an echo-cardiogram done on a regular basis. Kimbo Slice who was 42 passed away fairly recently (June 6, 1016) from heart failure and was waiting for of all things, a 'heart-transplant' before he passed-on. All the strength in the world doesn't mean shit if your strongest muscle in your body fails you.
    Umm? I'm only interested in strength training and I'm doing cardio. I can imagine kimbo didn't do enough cardio because he couldn't last in the ufc rounds. His stamina was really low and he had too much muscle mass. I'm not interetsed in muscle mass.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Starting Strength

Umm? I'm only interested in strength training and I'm doing cardio. I can imagine kimbo didn't do enough cardio because he couldn't last in the ufc rounds. His stamina was really low and he had too much muscle mass. I'm not interetsed in muscle mass.
    Dr. K you are funny...
    Obviously, you never saw Kimbo Slice conditioning in his prime, before your time (probably). Most professional athletes conditioning start to diminish in their mid-30's and have to make the adjustment. You'll see when you reach that age in the next 10-years, you're still in your 20's.
    "Penis Enlargement (PE) is a Personal Endeavor for Personal Enhancement to Progressive Excellence which takes Commitment, Consciousness, Comprehension, Competency, and Consistency to Succeed."
    Does this PE stuff really work ...only if you thoroughly apply yourself.
    Life is for the Living... Work the Dream and Obsess for Success.
    Threak-X Journal - The PE Progression

Penis enlargement (PE) involves significant risk. You and only you are responsible for assuming that risk. Matters of Size and/or doublelongdaddy (DLD) accept no responsibility, make no warranties (expressed or implied), and will not be held liable for the safety or the effectiveness of exercises or products contained in the http://www.mattersofsize.com website. Registering as a member and/or use of any of these exercises or products constitutes acceptance of these terms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Threak-X View Post
    Dr. K you are funny...
    Obviously, you never saw Kimbo Slice conditioning in his prime, before your time (probably). Most professional athletes conditioning start to diminish in their mid-30's and have to make the adjustment. You'll see when you reach that age in the next 10-years, you're still in your 20's.
    LOL in his prime. That dude is too big with muscle mass. Alright we'll see Threak. We'll see