User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 855
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by 9cyclops9
    Do you know why the music industry pushes this image with black people? It isn't because white people are trying to take over the world. It's because the audience that primarily listens to this music wants to hear all this stuff you talk about. The music industry is not in it to make people think. They are in it for money. So they promote what the American public wants to hear. Do you think they would promote the "gangsta" image if nobody wanted to hear it and nobody bought it? NO. They do it because that is what is popular. So the artists that really have something to say steer clear and only show up in "the underground" and on indie labels. Why? Because they know that they won't sell millions of records anyway, because the mojority of America doesn't want to hear it. I'm not saying this is good. I wish that some really GOOD music would be promoted. But whoever said this said it best: "Nobody ever went broke by underestimating the taste of the American public." You don't see thought-provoking rappers because most of America doesn't have good enough taste to listen to it. It isn't white peoples' faults. It isn't the fault of "white corporate America." It's simply a result of our times. People don't want to have to think. They just want to enjoy themselves.

    John

    WRONG. Cash Money, Bad Boy, Rockafella, Deathrow, Def Jam are all run by whites and the majority of the successful black artists are from there. White coporate american wasn't involved with it. The blacks marketed themselves that way.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale Trailer Park
    Posts
    841
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I agree that it's much too easy to cry racism, to get what you want in the world today.

    As an example, there was a black guy that was trying to sue a school in my city for too high tuition. His reason? He claimed that the school's high tuition is an act of racism because black people don't very much money and they were charging alot to keep him out.

    That is so ridiculous I can't even begin to pick apart how stupid and selfish it is.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by z03
    That argument really doesnt hold weight. No kind or form of racism that any other race has experienced comes even close to comparing to what blacks in america went through during and after slavery. Not only was this racism violent and hateful, but it was supported by the national government until around the 1960's. Slavery itself went on for 100s of years in the world. Some many horrible things happened as a result of slavery, thousands and thousands of blacks were routinely mutilated, raped, lynched, and treated as second class human beings for years and years and years.
    Oh no? So I guess you guys were better off than the Jewish... The whole "black people don't get enough" attitude obviously is created with black leaders because they have obviously felt it. The fact that it rubs off on the rest of blacks is nonsense.

    You haven't even felt it first hand and you say my argument doesn't hold weight? So a bunch of blacks coming in and ridiculing another race every day doesn't hold weight? Are you out of your damn mind?


    Quote Originally Posted by z03
    Blacks have been put severely behind economically and socially because of racism. This is what leads to us living in slums, doing drugs, eating fast food, and dealing with our frustration in a wrong and violent way with reverse racism and superior attitudes.
    That is the worst excuse you can come up with. Black people strongly encourage the superior attitude towards others from my experience -- and it's not derived from "I was oppressed, I need to fight back" attitude, it's derived from the whole black machismo attitude that breeds ignorance.

    Even then, why is it right for blacks to put the reverse racism on other races besides whites?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by lonerj
    WRONG. Cash Money, Bad Boy, Rockafella, Deathrow, Def Jam are all run by whites and the majority of the successful black artists are from there. White coporate american wasn't involved with it. The blacks marketed themselves that way.
    What a dumbass I am, I meant that these labels were run by blacks. They marketed it, created the music and did everything...

  5. #65
    9cyclops9 Guest

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Ok, that's fine. I said that in response to whomever was saying that white corporate America pushes black artists to the public as being "gangstas" and stuff. I was saying that if whites push that it's because the audience wants it. It doesn't matter who markets rap as being for "gangstas," my point was that it isn't the fault of white people. Its just what people want to hear.

    John

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I don't know the ages of everyone here, but for me, I have never witnessed this so called hatred towards blacks. Generation X and Y were never a part of it. We were not around when segregation was the norm. So I don't know if people who are having completely different views are people from different generations or not.

    But what I do know is that I border between generation X and Y. What I personally have experienced in my life is reverse racism. I was brought up when affirmative action became law and knew that when I went to look for a job, I may be equally or more so qualified but still not get the job. While applying to colleges, I received an application from the University of Michigan, and was disgusted when I saw separate categories for the SAT/ACT scores you needed to get in depending on what race you were. I needed at least a 10% higher score than someone who was black.

    Then the decision from the supreme court came about with Michigan about a year ago about how they have been reversely racist in accepting people into their law school and were given a specific amount of time to change their standards. This finally was a step in the right direction in my opinion.

    Here's my thing. People of all races, genders, whatever complain about wanting equality. I have less of a chance to get a job than a person of a different race or a woman. It seems to me that being a white man I am now the odd man out. I'm not trying to complain or look for sympathy, but z03, you say white men don't know what it's like to be a black man, but black men don't know what it's like to be a white man either. And what have I actually done to deserve being treated differently?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulf
    I don't know the ages of everyone here, but for me, I have never witnessed this so called hatred towards blacks.

    I am 24 and I have witnessed shit. I am glad you never have or have never been a part of it. As far as the rest, I agree with what you are saying.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I agree with some of your thoughts; however this statement:

    It seems to me that being a white man I am now the odd man out. I'm not trying to complain or look for sympathy

    That is a BIG stretch don't you think. I actually attended UofM by the way. I'm 25 and have seen all types of racism. It exists BIG time man, don't be mislead. I'm very successful and I don't let it affect me but I encounter it alot. This isn't institutional racism but let me give you an example of some situations that were kind of ackward...I used to study on the top floor of the library...meaning that you could only go down on the elevator. I'm not an intimidating looking guy, but I had several situations at UofM where white woman would not even get on the elevator with me. That would just wait for the next one. This is minor, but with employment, etc man racism is still very prevalent..its just more discrete. Remember, African Americans just received voting rights just 40 years ago! We still had jim crow laws!

    I actually one of the guys who is against affirmative action to a certain extent because I think it is the wrong approach. It is like trying to cure a dying tree by attaching the leaves...you need to worry about the roots.

    But to say that the white man is the odd man out is the most ridiculous shit in the world. I mean who are you kidding man. I remember that Chris Rock joke..even a one armed unemployed white man wouldn't want to be my black ass and I'm rich.

    I have alot of white friends and this funny conversation came up about racial profiling. He had never been pulled over before in his life until this year. He is 24 and he has been pulled over three times in the last several months...and guess when...I was in the passenger seat all three times. So the problems exist.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I agree that it's much too easy to cry racism, to get what you want in the world today.>>>

    In response to this statement: I get annoyed by this myself. I hate when people pull the racism card when it isn't the case. This type of behavior allows for serious cases of racism to be ignored.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I got your The Mandingo Complex right here in my pants its called "A little reverse action" BLHAHJAHAHAHHAHA

  11. #71
    9cyclops9 Guest

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by goingdeeper
    It is like trying to cure a dying tree by attaching the leaves...you need to worry about the roots.
    Good stuff.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I meant by "attacking" the leaves...not attaching

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by goingdeeper
    I agree that it's much too easy to cry racism, to get what you want in the world today.>>>

    In response to this statement: I get annoyed by this myself. I hate when people pull the racism card when it isn't the case. This type of behavior allows for serious cases of racism to be ignored.

    I was thinking this earlier myself. When people are so quick to pull the racism card, its hard to distinguish when there is a real problem ( kindof a Boy WHo Cried Wolf type thing). Also it really disgusts me when people do this because it makes a mockery out of and is disrespectful to people who had really horrible things and unspeakably racist things happen to them.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    I suppose I would like to comment, just to weigh in. I didn't have time to ready every post carefully, my apologies if I am terribly redundent.

    I would be a fool to suggest I have the proper few, or comprehensive understanding of all racial issues, particularly those between black and white people in the US. But I would say that comment applies to most anybody. Here is what I am realatively certain of.

    Racism certainly still exists, and the racism of the past has molded the black communites and condition of today. The racism towards African-Americans was particularly brutal and irrational, and existed in our very recent history.

    Many white people feel a certain sense of outrage that black people complain about the effects of racism because they feel it is either unjustified, of that there is a double standard in regard to addressing racial issues with black people.

    It is my belief this outrage is unfounded. However, unjustified as it may be, it also perfectly acceptable to hold any opinon one pleases. What is not acceptable is attempting to somehow rationalize your dislike or opinions about any certain racial group, which is something of a social construct at this point anyways, rather than just say that you don't particularly care for them.

    Many posters initially complained about being upset by the "superior" or arrogant attitude they felt they had observed in black people. They used these experiences to make broadly sweeping judgements about black people in general, using personal experiences and impressions to characterize a diverse and varied group of individuals. While not overtly racist, attitdues like this are the seeds of racial discrimination. Black people suffer racial indignities on a much wider scale than white people who are offended by their inability to complain about black people holding, or displaying equally racist opinions. Few (or any that I am aware of) white people have been beaten to death by black police officers who have previously displayed racist tendancies. There are no black hate groups that distribute propaganda calling for race war and extermination. They are very few black CEOs, far fewer black millionares (and I am referring to per capita), and a ghastly amount of young black men will be imprisoned at some point in their lives. The playing field is not equal. While some may feel that black people have at times displayed some hypocrtitical or otherwise unfair practices in regards to race relations, this is hardly a justification of writing off the amount of abuse, former and current, that blacks have suffered and will likely continue to for some time.

    Seeing a race display an attitude or behavior that one feels they would recieve more sever penalties for reciprocating is no reason to suggest that the amount of racism towards black people is insignificant. If certain black people do not like white people, or as some have suggested, regard tham as inferior, then that is in fact their right. But understand that what you are observing is more of a culture clash than racial. White America has never been victimized by black people, that is statement does not hold true when reversed.

    The resentment towards African Americans runs strong and deep, almost latently, in many individuals, many who would not even consider themselves racist. We all hold certain prejudices, assumptions. I for one, am excited to see black culture step to the forefront of entertainment, athletics, and hopefully other fields of public perspective. While the hegemony of any race over any field is probably neither good nor bad so long as it is not artificially instituted, I believe that the true face of America is a cultural and racial melting pot. One would be hard pressed to deny that the typical WASP class (of which I am a member) has long dominated the face of the country. I for one hope for a future, idealized as it may be and often has been, when our various cultural standards have merged to an even greater degree. This is not to forget history, write off the past, or supress the vibrancy of any unique culture and group, but rather to embrace the future and human brotherhood.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    So far as the original topic of the thread, the mandingo complex, that I could not comment on. I could not say whether black men on average have bigger penises or not, nor do I care at all. I do not understand why so many people lobby so hard against the notion. It may not hold any water, but as numerous other psoters have commented, some physical differences are assumed among the races. What is damaging to anybody to suggest that black men have bigger penises on average, except to perhaps the subjects of the article who may suffer from insecurity due to high expectations?

    I have read other threads where people argue at length and passionately that it simply cannot be true. Where does this come from? Penis size does not relate to IQ, behavior, or any number of perhaps more trenchant subjects that people tend to point out as matters of racial difference. Why especially, would white people be so concerned with an assumption that primarily affects black men?

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BlackSlutCity!
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by lonerj
    What a dumbass I am, I meant that these labels were run by blacks. They marketed it, created the music and did everything...

    Def Jam is not run by blacks the top dogs calling the shots are white, All of those other record labels you mentioned are just small branches of large record distributers. Rockafella is part of def jam, cash money is part of colombia records, bad boy is a branch of def jam, Its misleading.


    Starting Stats
    7bp x 5.25 mid shaft
    Current Stats
    8bp x6.25 mid shaft

    5 Foot 11
    165lbs

    10 years experience.


    GROWING A MONSTER





    I learned more from my mistakes than I did in any grade of my school!




    CRAZYED27 PUMP GUIDE? Click here if you wanna pump

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by goingdeeper
    I agree with some of your thoughts; however this statement:

    It seems to me that being a white man I am now the odd man out. I'm not trying to complain or look for sympathy

    That is a BIG stretch don't you think. I actually attended UofM by the way. I'm 25 and have seen all types of racism. It exists BIG time man, don't be mislead. I'm very successful and I don't let it affect me but I encounter it alot.
    ........

    But to say that the white man is the odd man out is the most ridiculous shit in the world. I mean who are you kidding man. I remember that Chris Rock joke..even a one armed unemployed white man wouldn't want to be my black ass and I'm rich.
    When I say I feel like the odd man out, I mean in the business world, I am basing this on afirmative action, and gender quotas that many companies use now. I have several friends who were denied scholarships or jobs or promotions b/c they were a white man. Basically they were the 'norm' and even though they had exceptional records they were left out in the cold for someone of a different culture or a woman who didn't have as good of grades or experience etc.

    Don't get me wrong at all I do realize that racism still exists towards black people and I have seen it first hand. When I said I never saw the hatred towards them, I was referring to segregation and slavery (as I reread I didn't put it properly, but was the point of the whole age thing). Racism is a terrible, hurtful thing said by ignorant people. But I think it should go both ways.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Well said SWANK.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    143
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyed27
    Def Jam is not run by blacks the top dogs calling the shots are white, All of those other record labels you mentioned are just small branches of large record distributers. Rockafella is part of def jam, cash money is part of colombia records, bad boy is a branch of def jam, Its misleading.
    LOL. Def Jam is a branch of a major label run by black people. Do you REALLY think that the white folks affect the way black artist are marketed?

    Take P.Diddy and Cash Money for example (bad artists anyway) but they are at the top and so was the other major labels like rockafella and def jam and the black people were running the show.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,688
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Mandingo Complex

    Quote Originally Posted by lonerj
    LOL. Def Jam is a branch of a major label run by black people. Do you REALLY think that the white folks affect the way black artist are marketed?

    Actually Def Jam was mostly run by a white , Jewish (I think Israeli) man named Lyor Cohen, and it was started by a white guy named Rick Rubin. Many of its interns as well as executives have been white. Rick Rubin started it and at the time Russell Simmons and Lyor Cohen were business partners in an artist management company, Rush. They all combined forces in the mid 80s and secured major label distribution. Rubin left to form his own American Recordings (Def American) in the late 80s and Russ Simmons became the head of Def Jam with Lyor Cohen president. Eventually Russell decided to focus more on Phat Farm and community service projects, leaving Lyor Cohen in charge. It was that way probably the past 10 years or so. Jay Z, Rocafella, Murder Inc, and all those people, all those Joint Venture deals were made by Lyor Cohen. Lyor recently left and supposedly at his going away party, Jay Z said he was the best friend he's ever had in the music business.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ''The Mandingo Stretch'' As Named By Blue Whale
    By plokter in forum Penis Enlargement Forum
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 06-12-18, 11:21 AM
  2. The Mandingo Complex
    By doublelongdaddy in forum Sexuality
    Replies: 824
    Last Post: 12-27-11, 06:46 PM
  3. anyone tried the mandingo stretch?
    By mano22 in forum Penis Enlargement Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-11, 04:28 AM
  4. I solved the Mandingo secret....
    By ithiel in forum Hanging Around: Penis Enlargement Hanging
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-29-09, 04:19 AM
  5. I solved the Mandingo secret....
    By ithiel in forum Penis Enlargement Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-09-07, 10:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

2 inches, 7 inches, 8 inch, 8 inches, 9 inch, 9 inches, according, account, accountable, advanced, advances, advice, air, allows, angle, anyways, apart, appear, appearance, approaches, approximately, asia, asian, average, awful, backwards, balanced, balls, bars, base, basically, basics, bath, battery, believes, bib hanger, big penis, bigger, bigotry, bitter, black, blood, body, bone, bough, break, brethren, broken, busy, buying, capacity, casting, chem pe, cock ring, cold, colour, conclusion, conditioned, condom, confused, conscious, conte, contemporary, cost, cover, creases, cum, cut, damage, dating, deal, dealt, decades, delete, demonstrated, device, diet, directly, disagree, discount, disproven, dominate, doublelongdaddy, easy, educated, effective, embarrassed, encourage, enemy, enormous, erect, erection, erections, error, established, europeans, excel, exceptional, exercises, explains, extreme, fast, faster, fat, fitness, flaccid, flickr, former, free, gain, gaining, gains, genetics, ging, girlfriend, girth gains, gland, goal, goals, grind, grower, growing, growth, guy, gym, hands, hang, hanging, hard, harder, hardly, head, healing, health, heavy, height, help, high tension, hom, homo, homosexual, houses, https, huge, huge cock, hydro, ide, ignored, improve, inability, inc, increase, increasing, india, innovation, inspiration, instead, intelligence, intense, involvement, itís, iíve, iīm, jelqs, journey, knocks, larger, legacy, legalized, live, load, loads, lose, low, lust, luxury, malaysia, massive, massive cock, master, mate, meant, mentality, messi, micropenis, mlb, money, monster, morals, motivation, movers, movie, muscle, natural, neither, nine, nor, normal, normally, novation, nympho, obviously, opposite, options, overlap, owe, p.e, pad, painful, par, particularly, patience, pay, penis, penis growth, perfect, perfectly, phallus, pictures, pos, posts, power, powerful, practices, precise, pressed, pressure, private, privately, product, progress, proves, pump, pumping, pussy, quality, questio, question, quick, rats, recommend, recovery, regarding, regards, research, respectable, results, routine, safe, samples, satisfy, secret, seeds, sensitivity, sex, short, shower, simple, site, skin, slut, small penis, smash, snippet, somehow, stability, stories, stretch, stretched, stretching, study, success, suggestions, supplement, support, surgery, swore, techno, tempest, temporary, tend, tension, testicles, theory, thick, tight, time, tio, tool, traces, traditional, tries, truth, trying to, tugging, unfortunately, universal, values, variation, veins, viagra, warm, warriors, water, weaker, weakness, weight, western, wether, whom, whomever, wide, wor, worst

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •