Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tips for rookies...

Ok guys. Thought I would throw out some stuff I have learned over the years as an avid pumper. Also, I hope DLD/MOD team doesn't get upset with me but since this is a new sub forum for MOS I would point all rookies to Thunder's for a solid "Pumping 101" routine listed there.

First off, I think that pumping is a GREAT tool for girth. I attribute it to most of my girth gains over the years. But be warned, I think pumping has the most potential for injury than any type of Penis Enlargement. To many guys see those massive girth gains in the tube and start thinking to add more pressure AND time and they will gain quicker. Nope. A good way to get bruising and a massive thrombosed vein on top of several other types of injuries. You need to take it slow and condition your penis to take this type of pressure. Here are some tips...

1. ALWAYS WARM UP! Whether your using a rice sock, hot wash cloth, or heating pad, never forget that heat is your friend.

2. KEEP ACURATE TIME! Don't let that huge gain in the tube decieve you. Keep your times in the tube consistent. I would start with no more than 10 minutes at a time and build up to it.

3. GET A GAUGE! You will need this to keep track of your routine PLUS it will help you control your session. Don't let how good the higher levels can feel sometimes. I recomend the Mighty Vac.

4. ALWAYS START 100% ERECT! This will do two things mainly. 1, it will help you to reach maximum expansion and 2, it will help reduce fluid build up.

5. ALWAYS JELQ/MASSAGE AFTER EACH SET! Jelqing is the cornerstone of any girth routine to begin with. This will help get the blood moving around again and it will help to keep the fluid build up down as well.

6. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR COCK! If you start to notice bad discoloring or other abnormalities, STOP!

7. FEEL YOUR COCK! If you start to notice alot of pain, STOP!

8. DO LENGTH FIRST! If you are hanging or doing other length routines, do them first. You shouldn't hang after pumping.

9. USE A GOOD LUBE! Can't stress this enough. I start with a hand lotion then move to vaseline. Helps to create a good seal.

10. SHAVE! You will need to remove hairs that will cause leaks in your seal.

11. KEEP YOUR TUBE CLEAN! Hot water and mild dishwashing soap is what I use.

12. START WITH THE RIGHT SIZE TUBE! This is very important. Start with one tow big, then you run into the problem of having your nuts sucked up into the tube. Most of the Major pump sites tell you how to measure what size would be best for you.

Ok, there's "Kooky's Dirty Dozen". There is a tone more to know and I find pumping to have as many small things to tweak as hanging. Hopefully some of these things will help keep guys from hurting themselves!

kook

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tips for rookies...

SOrry for the double post---could one of the MODS delete this one please?

Thanks
    kook

Post Thanks / Like

Great way to start off the new forum. Kook, how long have you been pumping?
    "Glitter is the genital herpes of the crafts world." --Dimitri Martin

"Oh my sweet dick it's magic." --Patches O'hoolahan

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having." - V

Post Thanks / Like

millionman,

I have been pumping for about 3 years or so now. I think that pumping/jelqing can lead to gains as long as you are careful. I had to learn the hardway that when you over do it you can hurt yourself and put yourself out of the game for awhile. I had a massive thrombosed that took forever to heal.

Also, I would spend the extra money to get a good quality pump/tube/gauge combo. I went with a Vacutech set up and have never had one problem.

kook

Post Thanks / Like

thats interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Probably some time in the near future, next few weeks hopefully, I'll buy a setup from LA Pump. Their cylinder and the pump with pressure gauge on it is what I'm going to go with.

Post Thanks / Like

Good decision Millionman. I have heard tons of good things from LA pump and I am sure you will be happy with your decision.

I have read quite a bit on condom pumping over at Thunders lately and I am thinking of trying that as well soon.

Are you going to use a rice sock or heating pad?

kook

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'll actually stick with the hot water warm up, but I'm getting a bit concerned about a place on the underside and to the right which seems to have an excess of fluid buildup when I clamp. It dissipates quickly, but it is a concern for pumping as I know that it could be inflamed and form a water blister. Which method would you reccomend for controlling fluid buildup?

Post Thanks / Like

Million,

I did that at first as well but I later moved to the rice sock and then the heating pad. It seemed I could not contol the heat as much as I wanted with the hot wash cloth and rice sock so that is why I moved on to a 15 dollar heating pad.

As far as fluid build up--that hasn't really been to much of a concern for me. Since I battled the really bad thrombose vein a while back, I am normally VERY careful and I find just some good jelq/massages between tube time helps keep fluid build up to a minimum. I must add that on a very RARE occasion, I will do some very LONG pump session as sort of a "shock" routine and I will get some pretty bad build up then, but I do those far and few between, and still and low pressures(4-5) and still lots of massages/jelq between. I say that with a very STERN WARNING: I would NEVER advise a new guy to try some long pump seesions until they have conditioned their dick to lots of tube time and have built up to it!

Good thread so far million, lets keep it going and keep sharing our thoughts!

kook

Post Thanks / Like

Specifically if you're using a standard pump, I'd pump once slowly, and then pause, getting a feeling for what suction/pressure works to avoid injury.

Post Thanks / Like

Great tips.when i first began pumping in 92,i had to develop my own routine without benefit of any advice.i began with the john holmes pump which,for 39.95 was considered a bargain.ive since bought a nw pumpworks pump and last year i purchased a vacutech,which is top of the line.pumping to me is a lifelong dedication,like fitness.

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

To get results,develop a routine and stick with it.No two units are the same so you gotta find what works for you.i also encourage those pumping to develop a stretching regimen BEFORE pumping.as stretching the unit gets everything flowing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rod crowley View Post
    To get results,develop a routine and stick with it.No two units are the same so you gotta find what works for you.i also encourage those pumping to develop a stretching regimen BEFORE pumping.as stretching the unit gets everything flowing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll try to take your advice.

Post Thanks / Like

So in my current routine I pump first and jelq after. But after the pumping I become very hard. Is it even helpfull to jelq when the penis is (more than?) 100% erect? It doesn't feel like I get the chance to get the blood flow much at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Undie, Just relax and take a breather between full erection and attempting to jelq. If you are 100% erect you can always do a few uli squeezes or horse 440s to bring the erection level down, while also being productive.

Post Thanks / Like

Since there may be a new interest in pumping I thought I would dig this out and re-sticky to help out any new guys wanting to start pumping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks kooky for digging it up!!! Good post!!

Within the captured territory of the Federal Occupying Force
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I don't pump, but am interested in maybe integrating it into my Penis Enlargement journey. Oddly, more for possible skin expansion more than actual internal tissue expansion. (I have issues I know :D)

But I thought that I'd share some info that I have been coming across again and again while doing a little research into vacuum and its effects on tissues of the body. It seems that there is a renewed zeal in the medical community to use what they call NPWT (Negative Pressure Wound Therapy) as better materials, and sometimes standard materials, can be used in its use. There are many advantages to this technique for healing wounds and is, comparatively speaking, a much cheaper and easier treatment for certain types of wounds. Now Penis Enlargement has nothing to do with these types of injuries, but the well established benefits of NPWT and standards they use can be applicable to Penis Enlargement in general and pumping in particular. (Also there is a good amount of work and research on vacuum's effects on tissue in the prosthetic industry as well that is very enlightening on the subject.)

Anyway, as it relates specifically to pumping, or vacuum, the most interesting thing that I found is what is accepted as standard practice with NPWT in regards to pressure and duration. A vacuum of just 150mmHg increases dermal blood flow by 400%! Anything over 200mmHg decreases blood flow markedly (leading to necrosis by means of ischemia...vascular constriction) However, any vacuum less than or equal to 125mmHg is accepted as safe for "continuous" treatment. They mention that this "continuous" vacuum can safely be maintained for up to 48(!) hours.

Now, again, I am not a "pumper", so I am not sure which pressures you guys are using regularly or if 125mmHg is "intense", but this technique is being applied by doctors regularly without concern for problems. Any thoughts from you guys with experience pumping regarding what I am talking about here?

I am thinking that this level of vacuum (or even less) would be sufficient for decent skin expansion, especially given the long time periods that they say is acceptable to maintain this pressure. (All studies related to mitosis, that I have seen, of cells in regards to traction say that time under traction is more dependent on time than traction force.) Also, I am thinking that this level of vacuum would be sufficient for a superior "attachment" point for long duration hanging as well given proper design.

Any flames, suggestions, thoughts?

Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast